Monday 7 April 2008

Dumper Truck. 4.5 ins x 6 ins, Oil on Board.

I did this little painting of a dumper truck last week. They are building a huge new shopping mall in the centre of Cardiff, the building work has been going on for some time now and I believe it's due to be finished in 2009. I see it gradually taking shape every time I go into town. So I thought it would be interesting to paint something a bit different. I was quite inspired by this big dumper truck and with the leaning one way sign and the digger in the background it was one of those ready made scenes where everything just fits together like it could be from the Renaissance even though the subject matter is contemporary. I shall probably do some more paintings of this building work as time goes on, it makes a change from painting still-lifes of fruit and lends itself very well to alla-prima painting.

Now available as a
Postcard or a
Note Card From Zazzle.com

4 comments:

Austin Maloney said...

I like this painting the unique subject matter really makes it stand out.

Austin Maloney said...

I just wanted to mention I like your blog too. Would you like to do a link exchange? I’m a fellow artist trying to build my ranking by getting more reciprocal links. You can email me at amaloneyart@gmail.com

Sylvia Jenstad said...

I had to stop and tell you this is so cool... at first I thought it was a photo... so cool

Cherie said...

Hello Amanda,
I just had to check out more of your website...your work is wonderful! I love the slice of bread, the clementines...just everything! Makes me want to get painting again, I'm way too involved in digital art at Zazzle now! ;)
Anyway, see you there!
Cherie
Cheries_art @ Zazzle